MARK A. SEVERSON, SHAREHOLDER
Mark A. Severson is an MSBA Certified Specialist in Real Property Law. Fewer than 3% of all registered attorneys in Minnesota are certified specialists in their field.
Mark practices in the areas of Real Estate, Business, and Estate Planning. Mark is able to draft the full array of business and commercial documents. Mark also provides effective litigation services with an aim toward solving the underlying problem. Mark has successfully tried complex commercial cases involving shareholder disputes and contractual disputes. He has also successfully tried many different types of real estate matters including, but not limited to, land use and zoning matters, easement issues, lake law, municipal law, quiet title, trespass, lot lines issues, water run-off issues, and general neighbor disputes. In addition to appearing before City Councils, Town Boards, Administrative Boards, and Minnesota District Courts, Mark has also appeared and enjoyed success before the Minnesota Appellate Court. Mark utilizes a problem solving approach in representing large corporations, non-profits, and individuals in business and real estate matters.
Mark obtained his Bachelor of Arts degree graduating magna cum laude in Legal Studies and Philosophy from Franciscan University of Steubenville, Ohio and received his Juris Doctorate from the University of St. Thomas School of Law. Mr. Severson was an associate for Askegaard & Robinson, P.A. as well as a judicial law clerk for the Honorable Erik J. Askegaard. Early in his career, Mark also gained significant court room experience as a County Prosecutor. Currently, Mark is a shareholder in the law firm of Severson Porter Law.
Mark grew up in the Brainerd Lakes Area. Mark loves spending time with his family, watching any Minnesota sports team, and playing golf.
- The Supreme Court of the State of Minnesota
- United States District Court, District of Minnesota
Professional Associations, Memberships, Certifications:
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Crow Wing County Bar Association
- MSBA Certified Specialist in Real Property Law
- North Star Lawyer, 2014, 2015
- ABP, LLC, et al., Respondents, vs. Crayon Box Childcare Academy, Inc., et al., Appellants
- Court awarded $817,858.05 judgement in favor of commercial landlord client
- Piche v. Braaten, A13-0406, 2014 WL 349712 (Minn. Ct. App. Feb. 3, 2014), review denied (Apr. 15, 2014)
- Court awarded $1,621,000.00 judgment in favor of minority shareholder client
- Hebert v. City of Fifty Lakes, A13-0311, 2014 WL 103327 (Minn. Ct. App. Jan. 13, 2014), review denied (Mar. 26, 2014)
- Cuyuna Regional Medical Center (CRMC), a District Hospital v. City of Crosby, and Crosby City Council
- Represented Hospital in Writ of Mandamus action against City; resolved outside of Court.
- City of Crosby Planning and Zoning, Chairman of the Board
- St. Francis School of the Lakes, Board Member
- Interfaith Volunteers, Board Member
- Guiding Star National Project, Board Member
- Serpent Lake Sewer District, Board of Directors 2014-2015
- Cuyuna Range Youth Center, Board of Directors 2014-2015
- Deerwood City Councilor, 2012-2015
- Child Abuse Prevention Council for Clearwater County, Secretary 2010-2011
- Citizens for a Violence Free Community, Secretary 2010-2011
- Brainerd Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce
- Cuyuna Lakes Area Chamber of Commerce
Pro Bono Work:
- Jessie F. Hallett Memorial Library in Crosby, MN
- Brainerd Public Schools Foundation
- Project Haiti, Inc.